Here is CurrentHow’s daily briefing for the 15th of September 2016:
- 4 people killed and several injured in Multan, Pakistan as two passenger trains collide – The incident happened late Wednesday night at the Buch Railway Station near Multan. Pakistan Railways has released an accountability report saying a passenger train driver failed to pay heed to a red signal.
- Malaysia confirms debris found in Tanzania is from MH370- The debris, an outboard flap will be examined further to see if helps in recreating the catastrophe which struck Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.
- Typhoon Haikui bursts into Shanghai and China’s East Coast – The winds accompanying the typhoon are reported to be up to 150 km/hr. China’s Disaster Relief force has assured citizens that ‘it is prepared for any eventuality’.
- Democratic U.S. Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton returns to the campaign trail after 4 days of recovering from ‘mild pneumonia – Clinton will address a rally Greensboro, North Carolina. Her Republican rival, Donald Trump has targeted Clinton saying that Clinton is not medically fit enough for the office of the President.
- Ceasefire stalls at the Syrian city of Aleppo – Syrian government and rebel forces could not deliver aid to the troubled Syrian city of Aleppo. This is despite the fact that the U.S-Russia deal was put into force on Monday. United Nations’ Human Rights Council (UNHCR) has warned that the situation in Aleppo was turning into that of a ‘humanitarian catastrophe’.